Saturday, December 19, 2009

All you can talk about is weather?

We've been having some awesome weather around here lately, I just can't help but want to talk about it! Weather and nature seem to scream about God's presence more than almost anything else to me. Especially if it has to do with water (rain, snow, clouds, ocean, ice...).

Take a look at this - I think I may have just found Care-a-Lot.

Have you ever seen this before? It's a random rainbow floating in the clouds without a hint of rain! You can sort of see the sun is just off to the right of the photo...and I'm guessing it's position in the clouds somehow created this - but however it happened, it looked pretty awesome!

And, fog. I just love the smell of fog! Sometimes, on really hot, humid days, I can smell a similar smell through the vents in the van if I turn the air-conditioner off and just let the regular, humid air flow in ("Mom, stop turning the cold air off!"). But the smell of a real cloud is quite unbeatable.

The kids have been quite disappointed in fog. The concept of walking through a cloud is much more awesome than the reality of it. No, we can't build a slide out of this cloud like the Care Bears did, and, well, no, we can't even walk on top of it. Sorry. But doesn't it smell good?!

And then the real excitement of last night and today is that...it snowed.
And it stuck. It's still sticking, in fact! It's been almost 9 whole hours! Even though the flakes started falling after dark last night, we couldn't resist venturing out there to build a little snowman and freeze our toes off!

















What do you mean, Carson is wearing a pink jacket? His mother would never subject him to that humiliation...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE fog too! The fog that sits on deer creek always makes me think about trolls and scary monster fish....OK, that doesn't sound like a reason to love fog, but it does sound like a fairy tale!! By the way, loooove the pink jacket....remember the picture we took of Brian? The one with the fingernail polish?

    Hummmmm, love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy it snowed for you!! I think it's impressive you even have gloves and a heavy jacket for him to wear. Just don't show it to his dates and he should be fine with it.

    I love fog also! I loved walking to school in it because it felt like I was walking in a dream. Ahh, I wish we got more of it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Nice socks, Bri!
    Aunt Alyce

    ReplyDelete