Saturday, September 12, 2009

Meet My Parents














You can imagine my excitement on July 21st when I saw my parents riding down the escalator in our local airport. It had been three years and two months since their last visit, and so much had changed in my life since then: 2 more kids, a new house, a doctor for a husband, a minivan, a few more wrinkles, and a real bed for them to sleep on instead of an air mattress. After spending three years in Thailand as mission president/mother, I like to think that they were excited to see me too. :)

I remember as a teenager hearing my mother say, "Every mother loves her children. But I believe, in order to really know them and connect with them, you have to like them, too." Growing up, I knew my parents liked me.

It was fun to have them in my home...sitting on my couches...eating at my dinner table...and I realized one night just how much I like them, too. I had fun with them here.
My dad even painted our entire laundry/storage room! You have no idea how awesome this is...remember the crickets down there? Somehow, the thought of going down to a nice, bright, white storage room with crickets isn't quite as awful as going down to a dark, dirty, messy storage room with crickets. And, while Dad was doing that, my mom made cookies and kept me company with her conversation as I held my fussy baby and bounced with him on the yoga ball. Have I mentioned how much I like my parents?


And, my dad even got used to the 'ball'. Bouncing Miles is a favorite past-time of ours...so it was fun to see my dad participating.












I love you, guys!

2 comments:

  1. I love your parents! I think it's awesome that your dad helped you paint. Love the picture Carl! I'm glad they were able to come visit you so soon after they got home. I love the picture of Carson riding his bike! It must have been great to have them in her home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents really are wonderful, aren't they! By the way, so happy for you about the storage room. We need to do some serious research about how to effectively de-cricket houses. While a storage room with bright white walls is better, the best would be to have a cricket-free, bright, white, organized storage room! :)

    ReplyDelete