Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Meet My Brother

This is Brian. (Yeah, what are the chances that I'd marry someone with the same name as my ONLY brother?!?)

I could hardly believe that it had been 2.5 years since I'd seen my brother last. It was too easy to fall back into conversation with him - - - ever since we were little, we've had a strong connection with each other. We have similar senses of humor, and could therefore laugh with each other like we couldn't laugh with anyone else. A favorite joke came from a sitcom that was playing in the background one day of our childhood, "He was snoring so loudly, it was actually vibrating my bed across the floor." Oh, how we laughed! I'm still smiling about it. :)

Want to know what we did while he was here? He read to the kids,


he bought us ice cream,


we went to see a talented man play the bells in the top of Duke Tower - really cool!

we went to TK's Jungle


and trained him in the art of 'ball bouncing'.
I loved going back to the beginning of college with his stories. And, I've found it's quite a lot more fun to counsel about the woes of dating than to actually go through them yourself. :)

I love you, Brian!

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that ice cream looks YUMMY!! It's really fun to see that Brian is an actual grown up now. I guess I still picture him and Amber as the little kids we'd let tag along. It was fun to see that he has a sense of humor and is a really cool guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Disney World, and that booger story is great! Even if it is a little nasty. It's also funny that you said "long" for so long. Katherine does that to me ALL the time and it drives me CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last picture of your brother with Miles. So cool that you got to see the man playing the bells! I didn't even know you could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know how to go see the man play the bells! And fab pictures of Carson....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can take you to see the man play the bells for a price...I accept baby dresses and private Spanish lessons:). Carson is HILARIOUS!!! Next time we're bored can we borrow him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to have all of these visitors! It seems like family never comes to see us. ::sigh:: oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Your kids are getting so big! Mckenzie is so tall! I am glad to see that you still put the ball to good use! I hope all is well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linds,

    We miss you guys tons! Kinners talks about Carson everyday as does Johnny about Kens. Miles is so beautiful. I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fun to come across your blog! Looks like you had a fun time when your brother was in town. Oh, and by the way, my brother's and hubby also share the same name too. Not to mention my dad and grandpa are also named Steve. It tends to get confusing during family gatherings. :)

    ReplyDelete