Friday, September 21, 2007

To Love or Not to Love...

~
Kenz got into the Vaseline the other day and smeared it all over her bathroom sink and counters. (Cute...)
It took me a day to get to it - but when I finally did, I used many paper towels, lots of cleaner and too much time.

As I was doing McKenzie's hair today (in her bathroom) she looked down into the sink and said, "Mom! There's no more goop in the sink! Did you clean it all up?"
"Yes I did." I replied.
"ALL by yourself?" she asked, astonished.
Confused by her astonishment I said, "Uh...yes."
"You didn't ask for ANY help?" Still astonished.
"Nope. I did it all by myself." Why was this so weird to her? Doesn't she notice that almost everything I do is 'all by myself'?
"Why didn't you ask me to help you?" she asked.
Ah-ha! It clicked: I usually make her help me clean up her major messes (much to her dismay).
"I did it because I love you." I said with a smile.
"Oh," she said, understanding, "so it's only when you DON'T love me that you make me help you."

Oh dear; wrong conclusion.
~

1 comment:

  1. She is so sharp! If we were smart, we would just throw out all non-water-soluble substances when they start crawling:).

    ReplyDelete