Thursday, October 4, 2007

...Tag...?

I'm kind of new to this whole 'blogging experience' - I didn't know it would entail games like "tag". I get things like this in my email inbox occasionally, and I do enjoy reading them...however...I never respond to them. So, when I first saw that I was tagged (on my dear friend Jennie's blog), my initial reaction was to ignore it (sorry Jennie!). Yet, here I am, responding... funny how that happens sometimes... Maybe it's because I just got one of these getting-to-know-you things in my inbox from my mom and I was surprised about how much I learned about her. Maybe we all need to share a little more of our random thoughts and past experiences - you never know what can strike up a new conversation!

Jobs I've had:
*The earliest job I can remember is babysitting for ward members (unless you count mowing the lawn for $5.00 from my dad) - I never really enjoyed babysitting...but it brought in some candy-money.
*
Cleaning houses - unfortunately, my bedroom never benefited from this...
*Sampler - you know, those funny people in the grocery store who hand out little samples. One time I had to wear an Oreo shirt and a tall, striped had that made me look just like the Cat in the Hat... in a word: demoralizing.
*Billing at a Netscape company
*Janitor for the sports arenas at BYU (YUCK! We had to get up at 5:00 in the morning to scrub toilets in the Marriot Center and the football stadium...it didn't last long.)
*Landscaping - probably one of my favorites. I had so much time to think about life as I pulled those weeds; I formed really great friendships with my co-workers; I was outside all day; and, every day I watched as we turned an ugly patch of land into something beautiful.
*Aide at an assisted living center - my other favorite. Even though the 10-16 residents could never remember my name, I still felt important in their lives. I loved being with them and I learned so much about what life should really be about.
*Mother - my very, very favorite. I won't go into any more detail here, because that's practically what my whole blog is centered around. :)

Movies I could watch over and over again:
*This is going to sound so cheesy and childish...but, honestly, I love Disney movies. I have Aladdin memorized word-for-word, I LOVE The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Anastasia is another great one (even though it's not technically Disney).
*My Big Fat Greek Wedding. ("It was my twin...")
*While You Were Sleeping ("You fell in love with me?")

Books I could read over and over again:
*
Sad truth - I never read a book more than once until the last Harry Potter book came out. I read all six books before the seventh...and it's opened my eyes to a whole new possibility - re-reading! I really am starting to love books more now than I ever have in my life...

Places I've lived:
*Orem, Utah
*Dunwoody, Georgia
*Sandy, Utah
*Midway, Utah
*Provo, Utah
*Oahu, Hawaii
*Durham, North Carolina

Places I've visited:
*
I'm not sure I can really remember all of the states I've been to...I won't count the ones that I've 'driven' through. California, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Minnesota, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina, New York...that might be it.
*Canada (Vancouver and Niagra Falls)
*Mexico
*Sweden
*Thailand

Places I would like to visit:
*Oh dear - I would like to see it all.

Television shows I watch:
*Funny - I'm sort of in an 'anti-television' mode right now. *watch out! Abrupt switch to a serious mood...* This last weekend, I was affected very strongly by the General Relief Society Broadcast. As I listened to the new General Relief Society president, I was overwhelmed by the 'perfection' she was calling us to. And I remembered the scripture, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as I am." I am so far away from being perfect, but after listening to the broadcast, I felt like I could at least be better. In order to be better, however, I needed more time in my day. Time to spend in the scriptures and in prayer, time to be a good housewife - to make dinners, to keep the house in order, and time to serve others. I don't have a lot of extra time - but I realized that the extra time I do have is usually spent 'unwinding' in front of the television after the kids go to bed.
So, Sunday night after the kids went to bed, Brian and I heaved our huge entertainment center up the stairs and into our bedroom. (I'm sure we were a sight to see!) And now, without the television in our main living room, we have been using our nights more wisely.
With that said, however, I am not completely banning television from our house! My favorite shows are: The Office and House.

Foods I like:
*The only foods I don't like are Bell Peppers, ... that might be all. I don't really love Chinese food...
*I really love Mexican food.

I'd rather be:
Hmmmmmm.......I feel pretty good right now!

Websites I visit daily:
*Blogs
*GMail
*I don't have time for much else!

People I tag:
*Becky ( love ya! )
*I would really like to hear from everybody, however...(Katie, Robyn, Cami, Natalie, Brooke and Cindy!) But I won't go as far as officially 'tagging' you. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been "tagged"? I think I feel honored...at least my internet is working at home, so I will an easier time accessing my blog. I'm tempted to respond now, but I am going to be diligent and go running, so I'll come back to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, Hey thanks for playing along with me. I had the same reaction, but like you said I found myself playing along. It's great getting to know people better. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete