Wednesday, November 27, 2013

On the Move


Oh. My. Heavens.  This little guy is just about the cutest thing in my life right now.  Actually, I take that back.  He certainly is the cutest thing.  He's been changing like crazy over the past couple of months - this phase of life is one of my favorites... learning so many new things in such a short amount of time.  And Timothy is so easy-going and happy that there is almost none of the stress that usually accompanies a baby.

Sweet Timothy... you are certainly a gift to our family.

And in the past couple of months you have become m.o.b.i.l.e.  I sort of preferred you sitting in the same place for hours on end... but this is cute too.  And, bonus, I get to collect a quarter from any of your siblings that leave out small things on the floor!  I think I'm going to get rich off of this arrangement.

It all started with the roll, of course.  You toyed around with the idea of it for a few weeks - rocking from side to side, but too scared to actually toss your head over your shoulder to give you enough momentum.  I was fine with that. 


 But, eventually, you figured it out.


 And I made you do it over, and over and over again.


Mama, you want me to do it again?!
Okay... let's see.  First, I start with my hands over here... like this.


And then... one arm goes up... woah! This is the fun part!

 And I end up like this.


See?  No big deal.


After you mastered the roll, you started planking.



I think the planking phase had something to do with these hard tile floors you're working with.  Sorry about that...


Of course, from here it was only a matter of time before you found your knees and started rocking back and forth.  And then one day you picked up your hand off the floor and that was the end of it!  Off you went after the desire of your heart.  A marker.


After I realized I'd taken all of those pictures with a fuzzy lens (ocean spray is the worst when you're trying to keep your lenses clean!) we took you back out to get you to crawl again.  This time we grabbed a giant blue Lego.  You thought about it...


... geared up for it...


... and after agonizing over it, ultimately decided it wasn't worth the effort and sat back down.


So, we went and found that red marker again.


That got you back up ... you weren't very happy about it, but boy did that little determined face show up!  With every little step I could just hear you cheering yourself on, 'I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...'


Great job, buddy.  You're the cutest little mover around.


4 comments:

  1. I love the last two faces he's make! Complete concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome groups of pictures! I love the rolling sequence, and that furrowed brow is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my heart just melted. He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:56 PM

    Such a cute little boy. love those faces he made. He sure looks like an Alder.

    ReplyDelete