Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hello World


We had a fun surprise last weekend.  


The best kind of surprise.


A happy, healthy, perfect, incredibly sweet natured little baby boy joined our family.


4 and a half weeks early.
We named him Timothy.  Timothy Karl Alder.  Something about the way the name Timothy rolls off of Brian's tongue makes me smile.  Every time.
I told Brian I feel like I jipped the system... I got exactly what I wanted without paying full price.  True... we weren't ready for him.  In fact, we were woefully ill prepared.  But lucky, lucky us getting to kiss and hold and snuggle this little guy for four extra newborn weeks. 
And, he doesn't seem to mind sleeping in the laundry basket for now.


 Stay tuned...

9 comments:

  1. He is so precious- way to go you guys:). And, I just can't help but add- holy cow, the kids' room looks incredible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him already. And that room looks so, so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is perfect and darling and wonderful. And your crib should arrive tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so sweet! I'm glad he's home. I've been worrying and thinking of him all week. I love the color of the room. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, please tell me you cleaned up that room to take the picture. Because I've never had a room look that clean (or cute) in my house ever. He is a beautiful baby, and obviously one of yours! Cute name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, he is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the laundry basket. :). Also I love the story of Miles not wanting to sit on your lap for fear of popping your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, Timothy is darling and extra precious in that little laundry basket! Secondly, the kids room looks AWESOME. No wonder Carson was so excited to sleep in it!

    ReplyDelete