Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Goodbye Autumn


Well, they did it. You'd think that after seeing the leaves change on the trees 28 years in a row, I could get through a fall season without being moved to tears by the beauty of it. But they get me, every year. This year it happened as I was driving down the road on my way to church a couple of weeks ago. I think the term 'breathtaking' must have been coined by someone driving down that North Carolina road during autumn. It was overwhelmingly beautiful, and I found myself wiping a tear as I pulled into the church parking lot. After church, I couldn't help from pulling the camera out in the beautiful autumn light and pointing it at my handsome baby.



The rain and wind are taking their toll on the straggling leaves. The vibrant beauty is gone. Only whispets of color remain. It's cold and it's drizzling.

Winter is coming.

7 comments:

  1. I am still laughing about Kenz's pronounciation of Gentiles! And Carson smelling his feet- he must have a nose like Briggie- he LOVES stinky things. And now that I see a picture of Miles before his haircut, I'm missing the curls...maybe you should let them grow back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would totally agree with you. He served his mission in NC and he's told me that there are few things more beautiful than autumn there. I've only been to NC in the late spring, but I can totally believe it -- I want to live there partly just because of all the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely pretty there. I love your new look to your blog too. How do you do it? Do you use a template or something or do you know HTML?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have tons of snow, fall is definately over. I miss you! You are quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha!! I'm dying over McKenzie's forte scripture reading! That's the funniest thing ever!

    And oh my heck- these pictures are DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure was beautiful, wasn't it. I'm with you--in awe of the beauty, and sad when it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. me too, me too! ;) Oh, and that last picture of Miles: Perfect!

    ReplyDelete