Saturday, July 24, 2010

Just so you know...

...we are alive. We've just been . . . adjusting.

Have you ever gotten onto a bus and realized that you weren't exactly sure where it was taking you? (That happened to me once. Turns out I had boarded the wrong bus...) It's an uncomfortable feeling as you watch from the window when your bus flies past the turn you were sure it would take. A little confusion... a little panic... a little pretending to know what you're doing when you deboard the bus and accept your new, unexpected destination.

The transition into Brian's second year of ophthalmology residency has felt a little like that. We entered the year with bright hopes as the whispers of better schedules and lighter call nights filled our ears. But, alas, the poor man is being worked to death and because of it, I'm being worked to death, too. Turns out all the promises of better schedules and call nights aren't holding up their end of the deal... sheesh.

But, like I said, we're adjusting.

And now that the public school system has kidnapped my little girl again - which leaves a terribly painful hole in my heart - the days are a bit calmer. So over the next couple of days, I'll sit down and tell you a little about the fun things that have been going on this month.

In the meantime, here are a few fun summer pictures of the kids. And a spider.


Did any of you notice the awesome symbolism in the first picture?
How the bus is actually taking a turn that leads him
away from getting to the doctor?
I was pretty proud of myself for that one!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry year two hasn't been calmer liked you'd anticipated....um, maybe there is still hope and it will improve as the year progresses? But maybe not, so don't expect that or you might get disappointed again. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, ADORABLE kiddos. I want a picture of you next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how much you were hoping for a better schedule. I'm so sorry!

    Awesome pictures!

    Really school has started already!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I've Miles red hair! Great pics! I love how you 'mother' your kids...and your imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always....just beautiful. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete