Monday, July 26, 2010

Teach me of the Temple

I find myself staring at this picture sometimes. I actually find it interesting that I love it so much. It's cute, but not that cute...I can see at least four things I would change if I had it to take it over again. Even so, whenever I scan through my pictures, my eyes stop at this one and linger for a bit.

McKenzie is a joy to be around. She is bright, funny, responsible, helpful and inquisitive. I can almost see her mind turning in this picture...thinking about all I've taught her concerning the temple's powerful role in my life. Because of our personal circumstances, her understanding of eternal families and the sealing powers of the temple is developed way above average for a six-year-old. I think she understands, as well as she can, that it is only because of the powers of the temple that we will be able to be together as a family - a whole family - forever.

That's why I love this picture so much. It captures a bit of my testimony, a bit of my heart, a bit of love. It captures the passing of my testimony onto the next generation. It captures one moment in this life, and opens up my feelings for what, and who, awaits us in the next.


I love taking my kids to the temple.
It reminds me of just how beautiful they really are.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures (especially the second)! And it is a wonderful thing to share what's most precious to you with your children.

    Your spider picture in the last post freaked me out! I hope Bryan's schedule does calm down a bit. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a precious picture, and I love your analysis of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poetic expressions in your blogs. It reminds me a lot the way our prophet speaks to us. After reading your post I tend to feel inadequate, like somehow I've missed something so precious and yet so obvious in life. I hope our family is growing and developing at least half as much as your family and I'll feel very successful. You guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures, and those sweet kids.

    ReplyDelete