Friday, November 27, 2009

Puzzling - - -

There are a million things about this computer that I don't understand. There are plenty of folders I've never looked in, and plenty more that I don't even know exist...but, there is one folder on this computer (perhaps one of the biggest) that I know every detail about. I surf through it. I organize it. I dream about it. I love it.

The folder is My Pictures.

Like I said, it's quite a big folder with over 6000 photos that have been taken over the past 5 years. Most (most most most) of them are of my kids. But there are a few sprinkled throughout where my face shows up. And there are even some of random objects - stools, candles, jam jars - that I have used to tell a story or explain a thought.

You know that feeling of recognition and excitement, as you pan across a big room full of strangers, when your eyes fall on your husband's face (or your mother's, or father's or another family member's)? That's kind of how I feel about each of my pictures. They could be thrown into a mix of a million pictures and I'd be able to find each and every one without focusing enough to see the actual faces. Yeah, I know...it's a little creepy. I know them well. Very well.

So, I was a little surprised when I came into my pictures and found an entire folder that I had simply forgotten about. They were taken last month, and have been waiting patiently for me to re-discover them. And, in my completely unbiased opinion, they're way too cute not to share. :)

It seems a little late now but, thanks to Jean for the Halloween package last month! I got the kids all dressed up in the cute shirts and took them outside to snap a few pictures in the fall leaves. Of course, no one wanted to be cooperative, so this is the best we got...


You might notice the little brownish-yellowish discoloration on the bridge of Miles's nose here. He sorta rolled off the couch and face planted on the hard floor. Oops... Don't worry. He seems to have forgiven me.


I do hope to someday be able to shoot every picture in focus. But, obviously, I have to work on that a bit more.

Now, take a look at this! Does this freak anyone else out but me? This is in our driveway, folks. (Yes, our driveway is covered in leaves...why do you ask?)

Brian took these first three photos, and I absolutely love them. There's something about the ladder in the background that I really love in the first one...and in the second one, you can actually see the spider connecting to a few different strands of his web...and I love the idea of the third one - to have the kids in the blurry background. It would be perfect if the spider was in a little sharper focus and not directly on McKenzie's face. :)


I try to not think about all of the creepy-crawliness that goes on right outside my door. Eww.

5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the kids studying the tree. So fun! I also love the one with Miles and Brian. However, the spider ones TOTALLY creep me out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds the kids are just so cute! I love the one with Brian and Miles. That is a very nasty spider! Not sure about that! The kids are geting so big. I love how you can't help but smile when you see your sweet Miles smile! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you found that file.....LOVE the pictures! Love you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I wanted to know about that spider, but kudos to Brian for getting something that small to focus that well!

    Don't you just hate it when your kids have cute clothes on and won't cooperate with your picture taking? I so understand. Once I made the cutest matching clothes for CL & Jason. They were copied from a cute catalog and were really a step above the sewing I normally did. Just adorable. So then I set up a photo appt at the local Sears, and took them down there, and Jason simply would not cooperate. I was heart broken. So we have a cute pic of CL by herself, but no pic of my cute clothes together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh and Nano LOVED the spider! "Go back, go back, where's the spider, oh right there!"
    And I know the leaves drive you crazy, but I actually miss them a lot! Not so many here and certainly not so many pretty ones either! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete