Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wildkids and Wildberries


Have you ever glanced out your window to find your kids doing something that, had they asked, you would have said 'no' to? And then, you see their faces in the middle of this obviously awesome activity and try to convince yourself that you're a great mom for letting kids be kids...even though you didn't really 'let' them...you more like, didn't stop them once they had started. Then you hear them giggle and you start to think about how you really should say 'yes' more often and try to change your fear of messes into a gratitude for your washing machine, your hose, your bathtub, and your happy, smiling kids.

Just wondering...'cause that never happens to me...





Who knew a bunch of purple berries could be so much fun?

13 comments:

  1. Those are some SERIOUSLY purple hands! It amazes me how something so good for you can be so BAD for clothes. I'm afraid you are a better mom than I am, but they do look REALLY happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Kenzie! She is just getting so big! Kids grow way to fast for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I definitely tell myself I'm a good mom when my kids do stuff like this. Good to have some validation.

    I can't believe how purple their hands are! What kind of berries are those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! That is a fabulous color! More things should come in that color! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen anything that purple--that is crazy! Good thing you're such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your kids use those berries to turn their hands purple and mine used them as "squirrel blood". BTW- you are my ultimate role model for saying yes more often to my kids (salt for your magic wand? sure!)...it's one of my favorite things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and did Ali G have anything to do with your happy thought for Sep. 14th?:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know just what you mean. And I loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do they even make detergent that gets that kind of purple out of clothes? I can't imagine something so powerful.

    Here's to happy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa, Kenz looks so much like Brian in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially love how the purple goes with the blue fingernail polish.....you are awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, that's crazy. Who knew that berries could be that potent! Do you have any idea what they are??

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhh, you're so lucky. i catch my kids doin' stuff like that all the time. i probably should say yes more often...so how do you get purple off their hands?

    ReplyDelete