Friday, June 27, 2008

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

Kenz and I went on a bike ride around the neighborhood the other day, and as we trudged our way up a slight incline I overheard McKenzie whispering to herself, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." as she used all her little muscles to pull herself up the hill. It was very cute, and after a few seconds of chanting, she said, "HEY MOM! When I say 'I think I can', my muscles all come out and make me go faster!!!"

Real life will be starting soon (like, tomorrow) as Brian starts his year of Internal Medicine Residency. (Seriously, WHO decided that a SATURDAY was the best day to start?! This does not bode well for the rest of the year, I fear!) From what I understand, this year will require much patience, understanding, endurance, and love from me...but I feel prepared, and whenever my muscles of patience start to get tired, I'll just start chanting, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." until they all 'come out' again and push me along faster.

Brian has been going to orientation this week, so I've had a little introduction to what life was like before he was my constant helper - and I've been pleased to remember that I really can keep the house clean, the kids fed and relatively happy, and my e-mail checked all my myself. :) I really do love being a stay-at-home mom...so, to this nasty intern year of which we've heard so many horror stories about: BRING IT ON!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Brian!!! Good luck linds, I know how you feel! Josh is gone 3 weeks of every month. It is really hard. You can always call me and talk. It's hard but at the sametime I think that it makes you stronger as a person, as well as a family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for Brian!! My deepest simpathy to Linds for the loss of your husband, but if anyone can do it, I know you can! Good luck to the both of you, and Kenz is so cute!

    ReplyDelete