Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Scrambled Thoughts XXVI (Catch Up Post)

1) Preschool Halloween Parties Are Supposed to be Fun... Right?


I suppose it's a bit of a challenge to make any party fun when you're also trying to control 30 four-year-olds. But in my opinion, the preschool Halloween party was a bit of a dud. Sure they were all adorable in their costumes, but there weren't very many smiles and it all felt a little militant to me.

But the idea of their party was wonderful. They gave each child a candy bag and then took them around to all the local businesses (who were forewarned) to Trick-Or-Treat. The local businesses loved it. The bank, the dentist, the city hall, the senior citizens center... it really was lovely, and the children were very well behaved and controlled.

It just wasn't a whole lot of fun. *shrug*


2) Sink Baths are the Best Baths


But I guess that's only really true if you're a baby. I don't think I'd enjoy a sink bath for myself.


Almost every picture I take of this little lady these days has her tongue curled out just like this... it's my favorite thing ever!

3) The Fall Weather Calls To Me


Every morning I drive down the main street and notice all the people having breakfast out on the patio of one of the local diners. It looked so lovely that one day after preschool I surprised Timothy by saying, "Hey - we're going to go eat out at one of the restaurants in town!" He was absolutely delighted and we had a wonderful time. It was just as beautiful as I thought it was going to be.

4) To Be Sick is No Fun. To Be Sick and Happy is a Little Bit Better.


She's not feeling well. I can tell by the goopy nose, the red eyes, and the sluggish energy. Also the crying has upped itself in intensity and frequency. But the smiles still come and sometimes I wonder if she entirely forgets that she feels so miserable. I could take a lesson in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment