Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween Night (Catch Up Post)


Well, we did it again! Halloween, that is. Ten bags of Costco candy and five adorable costumes made for a perfect night.


The getting ready for the night was a little bit of an event because we had five extra children in our home that we were caring for. Seven extra children if you count Chandler and Crue (who we don't really count as 'extra' at this point because they just feel like part of our own). The Calvert family needed to fly to Wisconsin spontaneously for a funeral, so I offered to take their five children and so there were twelve children in my house getting ready all at the same time. #chaos

Thankfully another friend realized my predicament and offered her two older-teenage daughters to come help. We knocked it out!

This little Luigi was one of the happiest Luigi's I've ever seen!



He posed and schmoozed the camera all evening!



A happy Miles Luigi is one of my favorite things.


Carson was less interested in dressing up this year, though he was pretty full of life and fun when it all came down to it.


I'm pretty sure Harry isn't supposed to be this handsome.



And Timothy - oh to be four years old on Halloween night!


He took his ninja skills very seriously and was not interested in taking a picture in which he was not displaying them.


Which was absolutely fine by me because: adorable.



I don't even remember what this little meltdown was triggered by... but a grumpy ninja turtle is still just as adorable.


Teek and Ezra have a little bit of a love/hate relationship. But they are growing up to be great friends. Ezra loves everyone and has enough energy to run a marathon in that four year old body. Yesterday I caught him swinging from my chandelier in the dining room as we were getting everyone ready for school. 


Mrs. McKenzie looked a little too grown up, if you ask me. She wasn't interested in having a photo shoot at all because her friends were ready to go and, you know, friends. So we snagged a quick photo of that gorgeous face,


and one more of the four of them together (I wish Eliza had been able to join the party, but she was asleep in her crib... which was actually a good thing so I could get everyone else ready),


and then I sat on the porch with my ten bags of Costco candy and greeted all the little creatures that came along. It was a perfect night, and right towards the end of the ninth bag, this little beauty woke up.


I put on the adorable little hat that Nana made for her and took her outside to help me greet the rest of the children.


Over and over and over people said, "Oh my goodness! I thought that was a baby doll!" "She is the cutest thing I've seen all night." "That is precious."


Brian took a turn as the stragglers came around and enjoyed his game while he waited.


And I spent the time getting more pictures of our perfect little baby doll.


We're a lucky family to live in such a fun neighborhood on Halloween night.




No comments:

Post a Comment