Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spring was here

*The Spring Birthday Fairy came.


First for Brian.  Man, we so love this guy.  His birthday was a little more tender for me this year than it has been in the past... I blame the heart attack.  So glad you got to blow out 33 candles this year, my love!

And then for me,


Turning 30 was so fun for me last year!  I spent the first few months of being 30 with a smile on my face - loving the growth I could see when I compared myself to being 20.  But then hard things started happening.  One... then another... then another... and another... and I found myself blowing out the candles on my 31st cake with the wish please, let this breath blow away all the hard times of this past year and let me start my 30's over again. Thankfully, I have this beautiful clan to help me move forward.


No pregnancies or heart attacks in year 31!  All agreed?  M-kay.


*The monkey is up in her tree again.

 
This picture just screams Spring Break to me.  Not having a lot of kids in the neighborhood, these three are best buddies.  McKenzie sat up in that tree for an hour, collecting anything the boys sent up to her in that blue basket.  Their treasures included clumps of grass, twigs, rocks and an occasional giant ant.

*Popcorn is (was) popping all over the trees




I'm not sure how I'm going to survive without a NC spring in my life.  For some reason I don't think the palms in Miami are going to fill me with the same shocking brilliance that a row of well manicured fruit trees does when they explode in the springtime.  I suppose a walk on the beach at sunrise might do it.  It's just that... I'd have to get up at sunrise to see it... and it doesn't stick around all day.


I suppose watching the crisp, clean waves crash on the beach might do it.  But, oh, how I'll miss these trees.


*Lots of walks



Do you still call them walks when everyone has wheels attached to them somehow?

*Cinderella dressed in yellow went upstairs to kiss her fellow.  Made a mistake and kissed a snake.  How many doctors did it take?


My kids have a different version of this little jump-rope song.  It goes like this:  "Cinder...  oops. Let me try that again.  Cinder... uggg... Cinder... hmph...  Cinder... Geez!  This rope keeps getting all tangled up!"


But they seem to have fun anyway.  Also, the buds came out on our apple tree. 


And McKenzie took Timothy for his first tree-swing ride.


And Miles peed in the forest.


How was your spring?

3 comments:

  1. Sunrise? Completely overrated. ;) Just be glad that it's only springless Miami for a year (like a super long vacation) and then i'm sure you'll end up somewhere with a decent spring...though nothing like NC, sigh... And what a blackmail pic of Miles!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I am thinking of a similar experience, with waves crashing just to my right, and a small yellow stream joining the waves, from a certain little red head . . . he he he. Your kids are so cute! Here's hoping the 30s become more of a lamb, they've definitely had a lion opening for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 31st birthday pic is stunning. And Spring in NC, how we all love you!

    ReplyDelete