Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beauty Brothers

What a funny relationship these two have with each other! Carson feels a tangible, unquenchable love for his little brother that is sometimes overwhelming to that 4-year-old heart. It's in those overwhelming moments that the hugs come in. Oh, the hugs! The squeeze-you-so-tight-until-you-scream, knock-you-over type hugs that are a bit too much for the baby. It's the best way Carson knows how to express himself. Miles generally doesn't appreciate Carson's expressions of love, however.

I laugh at the picture above every time I see it. This picture is their relationship. If there was a thought bubble over each of their heads, you would see Carson thinking "I love this little guy. I could sit here and hug him forever." And you would see Miles thinking, "Alright. So far this is okay. But my guard is up, and I'm prepared to scream if this hug gets out of hand."

That picture was taken during the summer and, five months later, I'm starting to see a shift in their relationship. Carson is the same...same love, same intensity...but Miles is getting bigger and starting to hold his own a little better. Today I actually found them playing together and sneaked a few pictures to mark the momentous occasion.


Who knows...maybe someday they'll end up opening their own beauty shop together.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE that top picture. Love the silly bands and thought bubbles. Seriously, your kids are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I love the top picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miles looks SO grown up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The expression on Miles face is hilarious! (ummm... Miles'... Miles's... Mileses... m... moosen in the boxen!)


    That's a hard rule...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is too cute! I love that their playing consists of doing their hair- you can tell they have a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how thrilled Carson looks in that last picture! He looks like one of those hair cutting ladies who tell you stories while they do your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THESE PICTURES! (I also love the boys!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that first picture. LOVE. And McKenzie looks so cute in her glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:25 AM

    That is so adorable. I love the pictures

    ReplyDelete