Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love'm. Love'm all - Part 2

Day 4: Loving the lake!

This is McKenzie's 'just before the boat started' picture. She was quite excited to go tubing with her Daddy, but as you can see in the next picture:

she didn't enjoy it very much. As the boat started, the tube submerged completely under the water (yes, with them completely submerged as well) before it popped up again and I think it scared the dickens out of her! Which made me sad. I love boating. I'd forgotten how much I loved it until I got out there again. It brought back so many awesome memories! Maybe we can convince her to try again next time. :) She forgave us a little once we let her drive the boat...


MILES, on the other hand, was in heaven! After he got used to the fact that we were not going to take the life-jacket off of him, he allowed himself to have fun. He giggled and giggled and giggled every time we went over a wave (which was quite frequent because it was especially choppy that Saturday afternoon). Oh! he was funny!



Here's the fam. Man, I love them! I had the zoom lens on my camera, and once we got out on the lake I was too chicken to change the lens for fear of water splashing inside...so I was pretty limited in what I could capture. I wish I had a picture of all of us in the boat together...but individual shots will have to do. :)

My Fun Dad:



My Perfect Mom
No, seriously...she's perfect


My Witty Sister, Michelle:


My Hilarious Brother, Brian:


My Incredibly Unique-in-an-Awesome-Way Sister, Amber:


And My Happy, Thoughtful, Teaser Husband, Brian

And, of course, no picture of me... I couldn't turn the camera around on myself with the zoom lens on, and everyone else was taking care of my children, so you'll just have to imagine how beautiful I looked all windblown. :)

Like I mentioned, the water was super choppy, and just after we'd been out on the water for an hour, we saw lightning in the distance and decided to call it for the day.



Day 5: A Sunday of sickness and family

I didn't get my camera out much on Sunday. McKenzie was running a fever (as weird as it sounds, this always seems to happen when I let her eat whatever she wants for a few days...weird and seemingly unrelated, I know) and my mom's brother came up to visit with his wife, kids, grandkids, and new dog. I had a great time reconnecting with them! I love my cousins, and my aunt and uncle are hilarious.

As I was walking past the front door just as the sun was setting, I saw (what I thought was) a beautiful patch of light outside. So I grabbed a little chair, my baby and my camera and took a few shots. I realized that the light was actually kind of harsh instead, and I think I had Miles in the wrong spot to catch the light anyway...but I liked just a couple of the pictures anyway. :) I shared one with you last post, but here's the other one I liked:

I love how his curly hair is almost the same color as the lilies in the background! Such a handsome little guy. :)

Day 6: Back on the lake!

A much, much more beautiful day as far as clear, smooth water goes! We couldn't get Kenz to go back out on the tube, but Miles gave it a try and loved it. Those sweet little cheeks are going to kill me, I think.
Brian got out there and skied. He did awesome! You'll just have to take my word for it, though, because my camera battery died right after he got up and before I could get a good shot. So, this is all I have. :)
I got out there, too - but the bad news is that after a nasty fall off of the tube, I jacked up my shoulder and couldn't ski. I seriously couldn't even move my arm for a few days. I even needed help getting dressed! You know, I'm still actually a little concerned about it, come to think of it... It's been, let's see, 16 days and it's still not back to normal. Kind of funny story about it: last night I knelt down by my bed to say my prayers and rested my folded arms on top of the mattress. As my prayer got longer and my body got more tired, my arms stayed on top of the mattress but my body started slouching so that by the end of the prayer, my elbows were directly over the top of my head. When I stood up, my hurt shoulder wouldn't let me lower my arm back down! It got stuck for a full minute and I'm sure I looked like an idiot with my armpit exposed to the world (or my dark bedroom). Do you think it's normal for an injury like this to take so long to heal? Should I get it looked at, or just give it more time?

Next post: Yellowstone!

5 comments:

  1. Freak, I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures! You have some seriously cute kids! Of all of them, I love the one of McKenzie driving the boat -- she is one gorgeous girl! I've only been boating like twice in my life - looks like so much fun though uncoordinated me would have a rough go at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of Michelle's hair flying in the wind cracks me up. I also love the one of you holding Miles. Such a sweet moment we take for granted. It seems I'm always laughing with or at(in a good way) my children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are beautiful! And I would take your shoulder to Doug. Just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't BELIEVE you took Miles on the inner-tube!!?? While you were galavanting around Utah I had my first tubing experience with Bro. Klopfer at the wheel and I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!!! I'm not even joking- the only thing that kept me from a full-blown freak-out was the sound of Becky laughing behind me. I'm pretty sure my face looked like Kenz's when we were done!

    ReplyDelete