Friday, February 12, 2010

Utah! People working together! Utah! What a great place to be!

Anyone who recognizes the song in the title gets 10 points. Anyone who has personal memories of this song, cheesy actions, and Swiss Days gets 287 points. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, consider yourself blessed...heaven help anyone who remembers watching the 'big girls' in back.

Anyway, the reason for this post:

WE'RE COMING TO UTAH!!!

We made a last minute flight purchase inspired by the good people at Southwest Airlines who believe traveling to Utah with 4 paying passengers should not require half of your annual income. We won't be staying for as long as we'd like (curse those responsibilities!), but we'd love to see as many of you as possible.

After splitting up the time between our two families, we have a few free hours on Wednesday morning (yes, this coming Wednesday, the 17th), from 9:00 till noon where we'd love to see any and all who can come up at my parents' house for brunch.

Shoot me an e-mail if you think you'll be able to make it, and let me know if you need directions to my parents' house. (If you don't have my e-mail address, feel free to leave a comment here with your RSVP.)

Can't wait to see you!

*About the picture at the top: Can I tell you how much I love my photography class!? I took this in response to the homework assignment, "Take a picture of something demonstrative of beauty." When it was time to evaluate mine, the teacher took a vote on how many people thought it demonstrated beauty, and how many people did not. One of the old men who said he did not think it demonstrated beauty said with a smile, "Well, it's not something I'd hang over my mantle, if you know what I mean." Ahhhh...refreshing honesty! (What??? You don't like the gnarly old tree branch sticking through the corner???)

7 comments:

  1. Yea!!!! I think I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to explain about the big girls in back...I'm totally intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...but I'm not sure I'm impressed with the things he *would* hang over his mantle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title totally made me laugh. Memories of the Utah centennial and choir at Wasatch Middle are flooding back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come so much. I don't know if we can for sure, I'll let you know by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bummer, I was just there this past weekend. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous! Hope you have a great trip --- and yes, I sang the song in 5th grade too like everyone else!: )

    ReplyDelete