Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Budding Best Friend


Is she cute or what!?! This face (and that hair) sometimes shock me into speechlessness! This was taken on our 'girls night' when the boys went on the Father-Son Campout. We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner, painted our toenails, chatted on the phone with my sister, Michelle, and watched Bolt with popcorn, pretzels, chips and Starbursts (which was funny because McKenzie kept calling them StarWars) before she finally went to bed at 11:00pm. We were joined with other female friends for some of it and it turned out to be a wonderful night!

Do you know what I realized? It would be completely fine if I never have another daughter; this little girl already fills that entire desire of my heart. It's so fun to see the beginnings of a real friendship forming between us. A friendship that results in the laughter of both parties, and that leaves both individuals secure and surrounded in love.

7 comments:

  1. So fun! She really is adorable. I love the girls night idea. I think Justin's going to take Dallin on the campout this year, so we'll definitely have to borrow some of your ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always said that her best friends are her children. She would rather be with us than anyone else. Maybe it will be the same with you, but I do hope one day you'll have another girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, bolt and painting toenails, that's what Christiana and I did for our "girls night". Great minds think alike. I'm glad you had that wonderful bonding time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being an only girl in my family, I always looked forward to the Father & Sons camp-out. Even though my mom and I spent a lot of time together anyway, there was something so special about having the house to ourselves after an afternoon of shopping. We'd just relax and enjoy our boy-free night, eating shakes from the Dairy Keen and renting movies they'd never want to watch. Your post brought back lots of fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She definately is a cutie! Its so funny I had to comment because my son calls starbursts "star wars" too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girls nights are really fun! I always let my 4 load on the make-up-Then I get to be the coolest Mom for the night! ...and you are right she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Hailey and I love giving ourselves pedicures. Daughters are a gift! McKenzie is completely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete