Monday, October 27, 2008

Sisters. Friends.

*I guess the settings were a little weird on my camera when this picture was taken...so we're a little red and shiny. :) But, it's the only one I have of just the two of us!*

It was funny, while my sister was here, to hear all of the comments that had something to do with the fact that we look alike. Funny because we don't really see it - yet it must be true. Even studying this picture above, I don't see it as clearly as everyone else seems to. Maybe it has more to do with our personalities and facial expressions than the hard-core visual evidence...I guess I don't really know what I look like when I'm talking and interacting with other people (I only sometimes practice conversations in the mirror.....), maybe I look a lot like Michelle. It's hard to fathom, though, because as we were growing up, I was AT LEAST a foot and a half taller than her (two feet? three feet?), ganglier (oh, the long arms!), very blond vs. deep brunette, and we were never taken for look-alikes (except when we were very young and my mom would dress us in matching clothes...). I've always loved the fact that we're only 16 months apart...and now that we're 25 and 26, those few months seem negligible. It makes me excited for when my brother comes home from his mission, and my 18-year old sister comes home from Thailand...I love the new relationships that are forming - changing from 'siblings' into 'friends.' Wow, I think I could write a whole post about this...but that's not what I came here to write about, plus, I feel like I'm rambling - so I'll get back to my sister's visit!



















My kids were so in love with her because she played and played and played with them. After we got home from the beach, we only had a couple more days with her before she flew back to Utah. So, we spent them playing around the house, visiting the museum, going to church, and showing her the big toys at SouthPoint mall. It was sad to see her go, but we hope she'll come to her senses and move out here to North Carolina real soon. :)

Here are some of my favorite pictures of her while she was visiting. (I can't help think to myself, 'It sure would be nice if I looked just like her!' )

More favorites:

Come back soon, Michelle! We love you!

10 comments:

  1. Boy, sure wish I had all those pictures of the two of us, and of all of us at the mall... *hint, hint*...!! Feel free to send those my way. :)

    Dang I miss you.

    And I've decided that even though I hate it in real life... perhaps at least in the Blogging world, it's best that we don't do a whole lot together- cause your posts are always way better than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay--you may not be able to see it, but seriously--that first picture of Michelle holding Carson I totally thought was you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what is funny? Before I even read you post, I thought, "Those two really look alike." I really see it in your cheeks when you smile, and your noses, definitely. Maybe it is just because you are both so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, in the pictures you posted, I don't think you look a whole lot alike. But in real life it was crazy how much you guys looked and acted the same. So maybe it does have a lot to do with the mannerisms and facial expressions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:35 PM

    I love the pictures you posted. They are adorable. I also know what you mean by looking a like. The same thing happens to Celena and I all the time. I also noticed in the slide show that you had Chick-fil-a cups. I love that place only because I used to work there before I got married.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures. Shows just how much fun you guys had and how fun it is to have an Aunt around to play with. I love playing with my two neices.
    I can see how you two are sisters with certain facial features. Two beautiful sisters. Miss hanging out and seeing you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:46 AM

    The pictures were all great :) You're definitely not identical twins but have strong similarities. I hear the same thing about my brothers lol. But i'm one of 10 kids so, i got a good shot to match one of 'em hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you look so alike in the pictures and other times you don't. You're both beautiful women though. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two have always looked similar. But even more so now, and I really think it has a lot to do with how you express yourselves, and how you are willing to be silly which is a big part of your similarity to me...and happy people look alike...you look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I would say that you are sisters, but I wouldn't say you look totally alike. Also, your mannerisms are similiar. Those faces Michelle is pulling totally reminds me of what you do with Kenz. I for one am glad Michelle lives here because then you'd be more likely to come visit here! I miss you both ladies!

    ReplyDelete