Friday, August 22, 2008

My Best Buddy


I'm in love. I'm so in love! I'm in love with so many things right now in my life...and this little kid just about breaks my heart with that love every time I look at him! The love I have for him is so all-consuming that I just can't help but smother him in hugs and kisses numerous times a day. Just thinking about him now has brought a big, goofy grin to my face! There have been so many times, especially lately, where the adoration has been so strong and intense that my body can't hold it all in, and I find my throat tense and my eyes brimming with a little liquid love.

Two years ago, this sweet little baby entered into my life and brought with him so much light and happiness. Sounds cliche, yes, but it's so, so true!

His birthday started out with a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" performed by two groggy parents and a very confused sister.
"Mom?" Kenzie asked after we had finished our song, "Is Carson two?"
"Yes he is!" I replied. Noting her confusion (and being confused by it myself, as we had talked of little else for days before), I asked, "Why?"
"Well...(long pause as her eyes scanned over him)...he still looks one."
After she got over her disappointment, the rest of the morning was filled with lots of laughter, many gifts opened throughout the day (thanks to grandparents!), and hours of playing. He took a great afternoon nap, and then we all hopped into the car to play on the big toys at the mall. After the mall, we came back home, opened the rest of his presents, and broke out the cake.

None of us really like cake (including Kenzie and Carson), so I bought a box of ice cream sandwiches, cut and stacked them, covered them with whipped cream colored with food coloring, and topped it with candy. Seriously, the EASIEST 'cake' I've ever made! You should try it!



Anyway, here are a few pictures of the big day. Happy Birthday, my love!

11 comments:

  1. Linds, he is such a doll. Girls are going to go wild for him later in life! He also looks so grown up! Kids grow up so fast. Happy Birthday sweet boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cake - very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't believe time flies like it does. It seem just like yesterday I was sitting in your parents back yard, watching you and your hubby dance your first dance as husband and wife and now your youngest is two. By the way, love the cake and the idea. Wish I was there to have some and to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Carson is such a doll. I love him in nursery. His cute outsides match his cute insides. Such a SWEET personality. I am going to miss him A LOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I've been waiting for you to post birthday pictures. Man that kid is cute. I can't tell you how often I just wish to myself that you were closer. I miss you all tons. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:47 PM

    I love the cake idea, I am not much of a cake person myself except when I am pregnant, which is weird. When I do eat cake, I don't eat the icing. Well, happy birthday to Carson. You have such an adorable family. I can't wait until my little guy is here. I am really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Carson!! We miss you guys! We hope all is well! your house looks beautiful by the way!! ;0) Tash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! He is DEFINITELY your son with those big beautiful eyes!!! How much fun you guys must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you guys had a fun filled day! I love birthdays! And memories of how long those little ones have been in our lives. The cake is so cute!!!! Good work. I bet he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I TOTALLY know what you mean to be totally overwhelmed and consumed with love like that -- it's crazy huh? I liked the term 'liquid love'.

    He's so super cute! I didn't realize that our little guys are so close in age really - only like three months apart. Anyway, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindsay-
    I got your comment. No worries, I am happy to share the blog with you, you are not a stranger. Your blog is very cute, but it is bound to be with such cute kiddos to decorate it with. It looks like things are going well for you in NC. Thanks for saying hi. "Stop By" anytime.

    ReplyDelete