Wednesday, January 23, 2008

DUKE wants to keep us!

The results are in - and it looks like we will be sticking around here for Brian's 3 years of Ophthalmology residency! Am I excited? Absolutely!

In all fairness, it wasn't our top choice...or even our second. We had ranked Duke 3rd behind Iowa and Michigan - but now that we've found out, I can honestly say that if I had it to do all over again, I would have ranked Duke at least number 2...and maybe even number 1. (Of course, I'm focusing on all the wonderful things about Durham, and all the horrible things about Iowa!) I've been surprised at how excited I am, actually. I thought I was ready for a change, but I really do love it here in Durham. I have loved it from the first day we moved here - literally. There are no sad feelings at all - there are no regrets, what ifs or (best of all) goodbyes.

I love Duke's campus;
I love the parks;





I love the trees lining the freeway;
I love berry picking;


I love the duck pond;
I love the popcorn trees;





I love that Eno Valley State Park is so close;






I love that we're close to the beach;



I love that we're close to the mountains;





But the very best thing of all - I love my wonderful friends! I wish I had pictures of everyone who has made my life here fabulous...but I do have pictures of a lot of you. :)

7 comments:

  1. Dang Lindsay. You REALLY, REALLY made me miss NC. I must say I am a tad big jealous that you get to stay. Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! I am very happy for you guys! I do have to say that it would be nicer to have you closer, but it just means I will have to come and vist more. I can't wait to come in March! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really fun, there really are many amazing people here. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the Alder's blog! I'm so happy that I will be able to keep in touch better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you captured all the good things about durham all at once, and made me realize how much I love it too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linds- I'm glad that you are able to stay somewhere that you are so happy. I hope that you will be able to go somewhere that you'll be just as happy in the fall. I also hope that this means that I'll be more likely to see you with my brother living by you. I look forward to seeing all that you love soon. Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I don't have to feel conflicted about being happy that you guys are staying now! These really are the best days aren't they? I need to take more pictures....

    ReplyDelete