Thursday, March 31, 2016

Three


Can we take a moment and talk about the cutest three year old ever?  Everything about this boy makes my heart sing.  He turned three a couple of months ago and sifting through all these pictures has made. my. night.

Days like these are the days old people talk about when they say, "write it down... you think you'll remember, but you will not.  You will forget."


It's hard to imagine that I could ever forget this boy on his third birthday... but then I think about Kenzie's third birthday and... hm.  I hope I have that recorded in a journal somewhere because blogging didn't exist for me back then.


He picked his own letter toy out a couple of weeks before his birthday.  I thought he'd forget about it by the time it donned the wrapping paper and masqueraded among the other toys dressed the same.  But I was wrong.  "Dat's my new letters toy!" he said pointing to the correct parcel.  Busted.

The Timothy train was quite the hit, though. "It's ME!  Dis is a ME train!"  Hard to imagine I'll ever forget that I'm-So-Special smile...

After morning presents, we waved goodbye to Daddy and 'duh kids' as they headed out into the wide world for their day-jobs.  And then we played.  All. Day. Long.  Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am to have MY day job.


A quick little photo shoot (super quick because, remember, he's only three and has the attention span of a gnat) in which I spent the precious time trying to find good light.  Whew - I'm out of practice - and he was not real great at being patient with me.


But I got him talking to me and we had one little sequence that was absolutely hilarious and went just like this:

Hey TK?!

How old are you today, Buddy?!

Wait... are those THREE fingers!?  Wow, you are getting so big!  Show me again.

Waaaiiiiit a minute... THAT doesn't look like three fingers!

Show me how old you are!  Waaaaiiiiiit a minute...

Is that FOUR fingers?  You are crazy!!!

See.  I told you it was hilarious.

After our morning minute of comedy, we jumped into the car in pursuit of a free chocolate sample at the Ethel M. Chocolate Factory.

It was the right decision.  The cutest grandma was working the counter, and when she found out it was Teek's birthday, boy, did she make it a deal!  She gave him not one, but three chocolate samples, a straw, a picture book (read: an ad for their delicious chocolate), a little bag in which to put it all, and a spoonful of whipped cream to stick right. into. his mouth.


I ordered a Chocolate Sensation for us to share on the recommendation of the Cutest Grandma and, honestly, after one sip I kinda wanted the whole thing for myself... but then that beautiful face looked up at me with those birthday eyes and I was a goner.
"Mama?  Can woo sare dat wis me?"
"Absolutely, Teek!  That's why I got it, to share with you."
"Oh!  Tank you for dat!  Tank you for saring dis wis me!"
Sometimes he feels like my very best friend in the whole world.


We walked around the cactus gardens and talked about how each one was "pokey". Each. one.


But I didn't mind the repetition.  I had my chocolate sensation, after all.  And this beautiful face to look at.




There was one unfortunate moment when he jumped purposefully onto my camera and I did not react kindly.  Sorry bud.




He has the sweetest heart and I do try very hard to treat him kindly always because it's just so devastating to him when I don't.

But he got over it quickly enough.  A lesson in forgiveness for sure.  Hopefully my sharp reaction was a lesson in Don't Jump On My Camera.


Next stop - McDonalds for chicken nuggets.  How he can be so stinkin' cute just waiting for nuggets is beyond me.


The kids and Daddy eventually made their ways back home and we had delicious cup cakes smothered in green frosting and sprinkles.  I reeeeeeeally outdid myself with this one.


Happy birthday, friend.  We sure love having you around.

1 comment:

  1. He is a darling boy! What a fun day for him!

    ReplyDelete