Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Togetherness



Love.  Love, love, love.  These kids love each other to the ends of the earth and back.  There are times when their sweetness towards each other cracks my heart open and happiness spills out through my eyes.  Ahhhhh, that's right.  That love really does exist.  I forgot a bit about that love, so it was nice to come across this picture in my editing tonight to remind me of it.  Tonight, the end of our 4th week of summer vacation.  Tonight, when it's been much too hot to go outside to play for more than a few minutes, but much too cramped to stay inside.  Tonight when the clutter of the days has started to swallow the furniture, and the fighting between them all escalated into something more commonly found in screaming banshees than in human children.  They've been loving each other and happy to be together for most of the break, but we've recently discovered that there really can be too much of a good thing.

But tomorrow... tomorrow I will be more patient with it and give them the individual (and separate) attention that they all need.  I forgot about that today.  And yesterday.  And the day before.  But tomorrow we will love each other.  Ahhhhh, that sounds good.

That's not what this post is about, however.

This post is about how awesome it is when your husband's job pays you to spend a weekend on the beach.  All I had to do was give up my husband for a couple of hours on Saturday morning so he could give a presentation to all the other ophthalmologists vacationing on the island.  Sounds like a pretty uneven trade weighted in my favor... but do you hear me complaining?




And, have you ever seen a storm roll in behind the beach?  Beautiful...  and a little bit scary.




Maybe we were a little crazy to stay out near the water while the rain started to fall... but I hadn't seen any lightning, and we didn't die, so I'm glad we did.

Plus, we got to play in some nice warm puddles once the rain passed.



Someday, I will live on the beach.  Yes I will.  I'm sure if I lived on the beach my children would never fight and my house would stay clean always because we'd never be in it.

In fact, I think the next time my energy gets zapped by Summer Togetherness, the kids and I should pile in the car and take the journey to the beach for the day. On second thought, we'd probably have to invent a transporter... because there's nothing like a bit of Summer Togetherness All Packed In A Car For Three Hours Each Way to bring out those screaming banshees again...

No comments:

Post a Comment