Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kiddie Cuteness

Cute little things stack up so fast - I can't keep up with it all! Here are some 'kid highlights' of the past couple weeks.

Kenzer-Enzer-Emma-Alder
*On a rainy day last week, we were getting ready to go out shopping when McKenzie said, "Hey mom, look!" I turned around and saw her standing under this umbrella with a cheesy smile.
"You're so cute!" I said.
"I thought you might say that," she replied.





*After eating a string cheese, she ran into the family room holding the wrapper. She stopped cold in front of one of our chairs, turned her head to me sitting on the couch, and said, "Mom, close your eyes for a second." I suspiciously closed my eyes halfway and saw her launch the wrapper behind the chair.
"McKenzie..." I said in a warning tone. Angrily, she replied, "MOM! THAT'S WHY I TOLD YOU TO CLOSE YOUR EYES!"

*Thanks to our friends, Eric and Katie, McKenzie is no longer terrified of dogs. Now she's terrified of ghosteses (ghosts). It's so bad that her eyes will well up with tears if I pretend to be a ghost when the lights are off - even when she knows it's just me. Oh dear...what next?

*She is aspiring to be a photographer. There are countless pictures on our camera of undecipherable things. Weird zoom shots...funny exposures...'creative' angles... I was surprised to come across this picture as I was deleting all the rest - she actually got a pretty good picture of us at a fun moment! :) I have no idea what we're smiling about...but we're probably searching for a little humble abode to buy (ie. house hunting).

Kenzie's 'Little Bo-Bo'

*What a sweet little guy! After his first day in nursery, he came to me and proudly displayed a piece of paper on which he had stuck a bunch of stickers. It was so cute to see those two little pudgy hands clinging onto each edge of the paper, arms extended, and face turned upward with a smile to receive his praise! I wonder if he's seen McKenzie show me so many things from preschool that he finally felt part of the group. :)

*There is no rhyme or reason to the way Carson eats an apple. He just devours the whole thing...core and all.



*He has a deep love for the outdoors. "Tide, TIDE" is a common phrase we hear as he points to the door, asking to go 'outside'. It's pretty cute to see him playing in the mud and drawing with sidewalk chalk (although, the sidewalk chalk somehow made it inside today...he drew a very pretty picture on my kitchen floor.)

*Every time I look into his little eyes, my heart just melts.

Nothing makes me happier than being a mom - what could be better?!

4 comments:

  1. Linds, your kids crack me up, especially McKenzie. Such a little ham. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in less than 2 weeks. Wow, that's coming fast. I hope I'll be able to witness some of this cuteness first hand. When do you find out where you are going this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds cute kids! They are all so fun, and they always say the cuties things. My girls always catch me off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great stories about your kids. They are just darling and by the way, I loved the picture of you and Brian on the couch. You guys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it me, or does Brian really like to hold things under his chin? The great thing about you is that you DO things...like taking pictures of your kids at cute moments. I always think, that's so cute, I should take a picture, but I never do. Hmmmm....maybe we could pretend to have a ghost in our house?:)

    ReplyDelete