Friday, November 1, 2013

Baby in a Basket


I'm not really fond of the pictures taken with babies in baskets.  I get that the idea behind those pictures is to show how super small they are in the beginning of life, but I just can't get behind the craze and stick my own child in one to snap a few photos.  Babies do not belong in baskets, I think, and so putting them in one just for a picture seems like a bit of a stretch.  (This idea of differing opinions, though, is one of my favorite things about photography. If you like babies in baskets, then grab your camera and a basket (and your baby) and go for it!)

That said, when I found this scene one morning I just could. not. help myself from grabbing the camera and shooting away because I found it just so darn cute.  Turns out when the baby is put in a basket by my children for the sake of transporting to the world of make-believe, complete with his own super-hero cape, I can't hold back.


(This picture makes me slightly uncomfortable today because of the fact that Timothy is becoming so strong and mobile... but don't worry, these pictures were taken when he was really just more of a blob and hadn't even figured out the rolling thing yet.)

My kids imaginations have exploded this year (probably has something to do with the fact that we only have room in our little apartment for a handful of toys).  So, that's fun.  Turns out all those toys built for helping stimulate the imagination actually hinder it!  At least, they do in my house... maybe my kids are more lazy than most.


I remember absolutely loving fabric as a kid.  My grandmother had a big box of it sitting in her basement... the possibilities were endless, and cleanup was easy.  I will fold up a whole box of fabric any day over sorting through a thousand Lego and puzzle pieces.


And, isn't that lamp just dreamy?!  I love seeing the style in furnished places. (The place in these pictures has become known as 'Daddy's apartment' because he lives here when he has to work in a city an hour and a half north sometimes.  It's fun to say 'Kids, we're going to Daddy's apartment today, so pack your bags'.  We totally fit in.)

7 comments:

  1. They are so adorable! I love that they include Timothy in their play? Melts a mommy heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome post all around. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic with Miles is so great! And the lamp is fabulous. Does it really provide enough light for anything??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I was admiring your decorating skills, and then you tell us it's a furnished place! Well, I'm glad you can sound like a local when you "go to Daddy's"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ick- I'm not a fan of the lamp :). But the baby is gorgeous and the kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cheeks. Those. Cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how I feel about baskets. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete