Monday, February 18, 2008

I am, I am, I am the Luckiest

I know Valentines Day is over...but I've been thinking a lot about Brian over the past week or so, and I have fallen in love with him all over again. When we first heard the lyrics to the Ben Folds song referred to in the title of this post, it said it all! I can't believe it's been almost 6 years since we deemed that song 'ours', but I'm so glad to say that I still feel like "I am the luckiest" girl in the whole world.

50 Reasons why I love Brian
1. For Valentines Day, he got me a ham. (If you've ever watched the second season of The Office, you will be able to appreciate the hilarity of this gift! If you haven't seen it...you should.)
2. He does a great deal of the dishes without complaining
3. He hates contention and avoids it at all costs
4. He doesn't stress easily
5. He's always the first to apologize over something
6. He finds intense joy in watching sports
7. He doesn't care about what other people think of him
8. He doesn't bother with insignificant details. (We have these little decorative block letters that spell HOME...and it's not infrequently that Brian will put them away spelling HEMO)
9. He can stop the smoke alarm from blaring without using a chair to stand on.
10. He always finds a better way to do something
11. He hates traffic with a passion
12. He loves his mom
13. He's very independent
14. He furrows his eyebrows whenever he's studying
15. He can't sit in a rocking chair without rocking
16. He wakes up in the middle of the night with the kids
17. He wakes up in the morning with the kids if his schedule allows
18. He loves meat
19. He loves big breakfasts
20. It's easy to make him happy
21. When he's really happy, he bounces when he walks
22. He's quick to smile
23. He can't wear his wedding ring on his left ring finger because those fingers are slightly 'webbed'
24. The only song lyrics he ever remembers are Christmas songs...so he sings those frequently...all year.
25. Whenever I turn the TV on, it's always on ESPN. Always
26. He keeps his jeans, shorts, pajama pants, gym shorts and sweaters all in the same spot - no organization...
27. He likes really deep massages
28. The 9 year old kids in our neighborhood come over to see if Brian can 'play'
29. His shirts are always just slightly too short
30. After 4 years, he has finally learned how to pull McKenzie's hair in a ponytail
31. He remembers everything he ever reads or hears
32. He loves to watch Jeopardy
33. He never believes anything without thinking about it first
34. He never leaves the toilet seat up
35. He doesn't mind eating leftovers
36. He can make great gravy...or anything else that has to do with spices
37. He'll watch American Idol with me
38. He loves to travel
39. He can (and does) eat everything and never gains a pound
40. He can't grow much of a beard
41. He never had a girlfriend before me
42. It doesn't bother him to wear socks with holes in them
43. He doesn't care what he wears, as long as it's clean
44. He can't go to bed without a little snack (usually chocolate, ice cream, or popcorn)
45. He is naturally coordinated
46. He loves the mountains
47. He wins every game we ever play, but he never rubs it in
48. He's great with teenagers
49. He doesn't mind being in pain
50. He loves me and the kids unconditionally and undeniably

I love you, Brian!

10 comments:

  1. That is very sweet Lindsay! The picture of you guys is great of the two of you! It is really nice to have great guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun to read. It reminded me of a few things:
    my brother bounces when he walks, too.
    two of my toes are 'webbed' and Brady teases me about it.
    Jepoardy is great.
    Nice boys make nice husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great - one of the most profound posts I've ever read (on any blog . . . ever).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are the cutest...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know... a part of me really hated you getting married so young, just because you and I had always been so close. In some weird sort of a way I felt like I was getting replaced. I think the only thing that turned it into a positive for me was the fact that Brian was and is so amazing. I really don't think there are many guys like him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, Brian you crack me up! Leave it to you to say that a post about you is "the most profound" you've ever read. I'm glad that you are so happy together. I remember when you first dated how I thought you were so much alike and I would've been shocked if you didn't end up married. I'm glad that you are still so close, especially with Brian being gone so much with school. And just so you know I love that Brian loves your friends, that he loves my wedding picture because it's so semetrical, and that it takes him twice as long as anyone else to make a move in Settlers. And to you Michelle, you will find a man that will be equally amazing, because YOU are so amazing. I love you Michelle and I miss you! I miss you too Linds, but I get to see you in 3 1/2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so cute! One of the cutest images in the world to me is a Dad trying to do a ponytail! And she's not easy to do one on, so that's quite a feat. And I know why he doesn't ever leave the toilet seat up;)......

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a sweet post, and really wonderful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I'll have to tell Alex that Brian will watch Idol with you, maybe that'll help sway him to join my obsession. Your Mckensie is so darling. The last I saw her was that sweet little bundle just home from the hospital. She is growing up to be so beautiful. And good luck on your future house hunting. My mom always taught me that things don't make you happy, but when it comes to houses I was definitely happier. =0) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:09 PM

    hey Lindsay and Brian, I hope the house hunting is going good. Cory and I are trying to get a minnie van soon for a growing family. I love to see the pictures of your kids growing up. I will doo a new blog after Erika's birthday party because I have the best pictures of my girls. I got about 6 developed the other day. Well, you guys are great and I hope to see you guys soon. Keep in touch. I will talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete