Saturday, May 20, 2017

Can't Look Away


I know, I know. You just want to see more of this beautiful face. We do too, apparently. Isn't it interesting how you can stare at a baby all day long and still feel like you haven't seen enough? 


Timothy asks to hold Eliza every chance he gets. He kisses her soft skin and laughs at all of her little baby noises. 


His favorite thing is to have her grab his finger. "Mom! Sees gwab-een my fing-ohw! See keeps on gwab-een my fing-ohw all of the times!"


Nana and Poppy came pronto to snuggle and love on little Eliza. And it's always so nice to have a few extra adult hands taking care of the needs. Five children = lots of needs.


We were all sad to see them go.


Carson's sweet tender heart can't get enough of the baby, and his jittery, active muscles can't get enough of the yoga ball. I'm not sure whether the ball is more for Eliza or for him.


When Eliza is awake we all gather around her like bees to a flower. We coo and laugh and pet her soft, tiny head. Every little expression is a delight and every little stretch makes us laugh.



We can't look away when she's awake.


And we can't look away when she's sleeping. She has us wrapped around her little finger and I haven't found it difficult at all to set aside my to-do list to simply sit on the couch and 'not look away'.

No comments:

Post a Comment