Sunday, June 26, 2016

A Friend's Night Out


One of the things I was worried most about in moving was whether or not I'd be able to find friends.  My time for friend-making feels a little strained right now with raising my family, and because building friendships takes a large bundle of time, I wasn't sure it would come very easily (or at all) for me.


But I landed in a neighborhood full of wonderful women who are fun and spontaneous and inclusive and a little bit crazy.


They welcomed me into their group with open arms and introduced me to their tradition of Birthday Celebrations.


They celebrate birthdays better than anyone I've ever met!


They pick a theme for the night, spend days planning activities all around that theme, kidnap the birthday girl, and then go wild with fun and laughter all night long.


This was Cara's birthday party, and I'll never forget Brandy buying a whole head of hair in the mall that night.


We went to dinner, saw a show, played around in the mall, and then headed over to the Golden Nugget to spend the night.


Where Cara kept everyone up, and I slept in a bed made from two chairs.


In the morning we went swimming in the pool and slid down the waterslide that went through the tank of fish and sharks.


I was nervous about going at first because I wasn't sure how I'd feel spending so much time with brand new friends, but it turned out to be one of the best nights and I was so happy to have logged so many fun hours with these women.

No comments:

Post a Comment