Thursday, December 11, 2014

September Harvest


1 - You know what's beautiful?  Seeing a whole group of teenage girls (most of whom know next to nothing about basketball) come together and play their hearts out on the court.  They were mostly excited at the dress code they came up with: tie-died shirts and knee-high crazy socks.  We won some games, we lost some games, but at the end of every single one, there were tons of smiles, lots of laughter and high fives all around. 


2 - Handrail at the Hoover Dam. 
3 - All through the month of September, whenever I thought about Michelle and Jake getting married I would get all choked up with happy feelings.  Engagements and marriages are beautiful.
4 - This really shouldn't be 'beautiful'... but it strangely is for a couple of reasons.  1) he truly was having so much fun, and isn't it always beautiful when your child is having that great of a time? and 2) I reacted with laughter instead of horror - and that made the whole situation much more beautiful. (It would have been even more beautiful if I had cleaned the toilet recently... but you can't have everything, right?)
5 - Funny cactus on my morning walk
6 - Sigh. Just him.
7 - Love the bark on this guy.
8 - My beautiful parents
9 - Green!  Like, real, alive green instead of dry, desert green.
10 - Cactus and clouds... love that combination


11 -The view from over my back fence.  Lucky us getting to live on a golf course.  (Plus, my kids get to keep all of the golf balls they find in the backyard, so win-win.)


12 - The sunlight playing in his hair!
13 - My handsome date for a fun formal night
14 - Storm clouds rolled in one night and, I kid you not, everyone was outside taking pictures of the sky.
15 - My kids call these rocks the chicken-pox-rocks. 
16 - Fire. Pretty.
17 - Desertscape
18 - A storm.  A storm!  It rained!
19 - Reflector on the side of the road.  The colors and patterns...
20 - Cute little thing.


21 - Carson is taking guitar this year.  One night, after tucking all the kids into their beds, I came down and saw this cute scene. I'm sure the guitars were put up on top of the couch to get them away from Timothy Hands, but something about that little guitar snuggling up to the big guitar (and all that that could symbolize) was beautiful to me.   


22 - This guy belongs in a Dr. Seuss book for sure.
23 - View from the giant windows in the library.
24 - Sweet little guy.  Love seeing him having so much fun.
25 - Sunlight through the clouds. Let's pretend that the little reflecting patch in the bottom of the picture is a gorgeous lake, okay?  Because the reality that it's just the dashboard of the car is sorely disappointing.
26 - I love this fun, yellow color.
27 - Water. Water is beautiful.  Even if it's just coming out of a sprinkler.
28 (and 29 and 30) - Impressiveness of the Hoover Dam.  Plus, water. :)


31 - Cactus bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment