Wednesday, July 30, 2014

June Harvest

The days are spinning.  Spinning round and round and round and here I am chasing them down with a hammer, trying to keep them in order (which, I realize is a little ironic because is there anything more orderly than the seconds that compose these hours and days?  But, logical or not, the chaos of my current days requires that hammer). 

I'm not ready to jump into the analysis of the last month of travel and moving (though, for those who are wondering, we are doing wonderfully and are quite happy swimming in our boxes on this, our third day in Vegas), and I am quite (quite) far from sorting through the thousand pictures I've taken of the whole process - but my fingers are hungry for this blog and I miss the time I spend here.

So I'll take an hour away from the 736 other things I have on my to-do list (some of which are quite important such as buy-all-(all-(all))-the-foods-we-eat, and unpack-the-bathroom-boxes-to-find-toilet-paper-so-we-can-stop-using-one-square-every-time-we-need-it-because-it-might-run-out, and other things like that), and put together the June Harvest. The last full harvest of our amazing year on the beach.  My hungry fingers are feeling better already.


1 - Does this even need an explanation?  Oh my heavens.  I have to remind myself to breath with those colors in the background.


2 - One perk about having a successful hubby is that I get to go out to fancy dinners every once in a while and watch him receive awards.  I thought the whole setting was beautiful.  Did you check out those lights on the ceiling?!  And the building through the magnificent windows?  And that tall, handsome man in a suit coat looking all bashful to receive a certificate that he's worked 10 years for?  Beautiful.
3 - A tree in front of my friend's house... I drove down the street twice just so I could see it again.
4 - Sunny clouds
5 - Oh tears... every time I look at Kenzie's face in this one.  There is a lot of backstory that I won't go into here, but the look on her face of pure, childlike love for her Daddy leaves me speechless.
6 - Crazy baby.  He has no fear of that water... I love the way this shot came out.
7 - That, my friends, is lightening. 
8 - This mushroom on the side of the trail was enjoying his time in the spotlight before the sun moved.  I thought he was fabulous.
9 - Double rainbow. 
10 - Love the roots of these trees... wish I could grow one of them in Vegas.


11 - I also wish I could grow this in Vegas.  Isn't it perfect?


12 - This is also lightening.  If you look close, you can see the city buildings in the bottom left.  I'm amazed at how big clouds can be sometimes.
13 - Peaceful morning.  The way the ocean was that morning, it looked like the boat was flying above the horizon.
14 - Rays of sunshine!  Oh, the rays of sunshine!
15 - Funny sidewalk art.
16 - Palm trees.  Green and yellow - love those colors together
17 - Temple.  We visited the temple on Jess's birthday this year and everything (aside from the rather cranky child *cough* miles *cough*) was beautiful about it.  The feelings, the memories, the promises of the temple....
18 - Full, beautiful moon.
19 - Hermit Crab.  We spotted this guy on our walk and my two oldest kids saved him from the path and placed him back in the ocean.
20 - The city view from our apartment during sunset.  I kind of love that crane.


21 - Watching the storms come in. 


22 - Miles gripping the pier with his toes.  The freedom my kids had this year: beautiful.
23 - Smoky sunrise.  We never did find out where all the smoke came from.
24 - Baby feet under the water.
25 - Another picture of that crane during sunset.  I told you I kind of loved it.
26 - After several failed attempts at opening a ripe coconut (how DO you tell?), the kids finally were successful with this one.
27 - Interesting patterns on the ocean.
28 - I made this cake, guys.
29 - Skyline from the ocean
30 - More lightening.  Cruel that we had to leave Miami during all these summer lightening storms.  Amazing!


31 - Gasp

4 comments:

  1. A lovely cake!

    Oh, how I'm going to miss you living here. There. Whatever.

    Good luck prepping and moving and nailing down the days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will miss you living there too. Visiting you was such a highlight of my life--thank you for sharing with me!! Awesome pictures... (ps--I'm so glad you blogged, I've missed your voice!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your world through your lens :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so, so beautiful. My favorite is Timothy under water. Thinking about you lots this week and hoping all is well!

    ReplyDelete