Friday, May 7, 2021

Maui, Maui - 3 of 3

Honolua Bay

It's a little funny that I don't have even one picture of the actual bay at Honolua Bay. I was much more mesmerized by the trees.

We parked in a small, dirt parking lot and then walked toward the water along wooded paths through a quiet forest. 

All along the way there were signs asking us to stay on the paths to respect those spirits of the ancestors who were buried within the forest.

The path was so, incredibly beautiful that I didn't have any problem at all heeding the request to stay on it.


In fact, I think I would have been happy to have built a small shelter to have lived on that path forever.


Ho'okipa Beach

This was the coolest beach we visited. I was glad we got to it - even if it was during the very last hour of light on the very last day. 

The sea lions seemed to agree that this was the best beach, too. As did the turtles.

Goodnight, Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment