Monday, August 19, 2013

Water of the Melon


Let's talk about watermelon.


I had awesome plans of throwing this watermelon in the ocean to teach my kids how to play watermelon polo.  But then I forgot that I had planned that.  We ate it for dinner instead.


I remembered about watermelon polo after we'd eaten the entire thing that night.  But I didn't think that playing with just the rind would be as much fun.


Plus, maybe sharks like watermelon rinds.

Speaking of kitchen tables, we don't actually have a good place inside the house for ours.


But that's okay.  We've figured out how to make it work.

 
And, being able to have this much fun at dinner knowing that the entire apartment looks just as disastrous as the slice you can see?  I love it here.


We'll play watermelon polo another time.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of Brian laughing with Carson. What a beautiful memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every picture you post just brings me closer to my mid-winter trip to visit. Although the millions of dollars of ER bills incurred in the last week might say otherwise...sigh... That just looks divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you going to handle it if you move somewhere far from the ocean? What an amazing view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it that Miles already looks years older than when you guys left??

    And that view! I mean, really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you leave in my dream home! Who cares what the inside looks like, with the BEACH and the OCEAN right THERE!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete